• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Look at the top of the page. Under 'Name of Child', heading the first column, is the child's surname -- 'Roberts' for all of these on the page.

Then, for each child it gives the first and second name. The second column gives the mother's maiden name (all uppercase). You should just ignore the second column, doesn't help you at all.

The key is first to recognise these are all Roberts. Second, to look for the Darren's and see if any have a second name starting with J. There is one in the Oct-Dec quarter, four in the Jan-March quarter.
    Yes, WiB, I'm sorry, it's been a very long day down here.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    It's not a wrap. Fred's looking at the mother's maiden name. There is a Darren James Roberts (mother's maiden name DORN) born in Croydon in the quarter that matters. There are four Darren J Roberts listed in the following quarter.

And for all we know, the real Darren J Roberts if he is not DJU could have been born to British parents in Australia, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, or a hundred other places where Britain once ruled the waves, and so unsurprisingly might not turn up on this listing.

I think we're pretty close to beyond reasonable doubt, too. But there are too many people in this country who weren't born here for this to do more than nudge the needle a very little bit further. It fits the picture but it proves nothing at all.
    Holy sh*t, you are correct. I was looking at the column of maiden names. My apologies. It's been a very long day down here. However, a bit more searching would conclusively nail it. Quite likely that a professional would be registered to one of the professional bodies at some time while practising and there won't be many D*Rs registered who were born in Dec 1971. Will there?

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I can count three, D*R's and none of them are DR or DJR.
    Look at the top of the page. Under 'Name of Child', heading the first column, is the child's surname -- 'Roberts' for all of these on the page.

Then, for each child it gives the first and second name. The second column gives the mother's maiden name (all uppercase). You should just ignore the second column, doesn't help you at all.

The key is first to recognise these are all Roberts. Second, to look for the Darren's and see if any have a second name starting with J. There is one in the Oct-Dec quarter, four in the Jan-March quarter.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Fred, I hope you are better at IT than you are at reading genealogy records.
    Trust me, I'm a lot worse at IT LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by pr1 View Post
    there are quite a few on meridan's pictures?
    I can count three, D*R's and none of them are DR or DJR.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Fred, I hope you are better at IT than you are at reading genealogy records.

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    +1 Overwhelming, there just aren't any DR or DJR's born in the UK in even that six month period, let alone December 1971.
    there are quite a few on meridan's pictures?

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    It's not a wrap. Fred's looking at the mother's maiden name. There is a Darren James Roberts (mother's maiden name DORN) born in Croydon in the quarter that matters. There are four Darren J Roberts listed in the following quarter.

And for all we know, the real Darren J Roberts if he is not DJU could have been born to British parents in Australia, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, or a hundred other places where Britain once ruled the waves, and so unsurprisingly might not turn up on this listing.

I think we're pretty close to beyond reasonable doubt, too. But there are too many people in this country who weren't born here for this to do more than nudge the needle a very little bit further. It fits the picture but it proves nothing at all.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    Looks like that's a wrap.

I'm completely sold they are one and the same.
    +1 Overwhelming, there just aren't any DR or DJR's born in the UK in even that six month period, let alone December 1971.
    Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 15 March 2019, 13:15.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Looks like that's a wrap.

I'm completely sold they are one and the same.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X