• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD: Yay or Nay?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had very poor experience with them - only trouble. Their management ignored all escalation attempts - they have not even replied to a single email.
    So for me that is definitely - Nay.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael at BI Accountancy View Post
      Very rough!

From experience the accountant's are on under half of that salary! Also turnover on 150 would be looking around £216k net. (For SJD of course).
      That's feeding the PE beast for you

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
        My guess is it'll be Nixon Williams vantage given they're now the same mob. Dunno though.
        My guess as well, probably rebranded but essentially the Nixon Williams product. Begs the question why would you pay SJD £120 per month when you can get the same from Nixon Williams for £95.

I wonder how long it will take SJD clients to ask why they are being asked to pay an extra £25 per month. Expect the usual 'offices in every town' line, except no one uses them!
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

I am now in the process of switching from sjd to gorilla. My reason for this is solely down to the recent price increase to £144 Inc VAT by sjd. I have no issues with the service I have received from them at all I just think I can get the same for less cost to the business.
          When I told sjd that I was moving my accounting from them and the only reason was cost, they just said thanks for letting us know. There was no attempt to retain my business just so long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            I am now in the process of switching from sjd to gorilla. My reason for this is solely down to the recent price increase to £144 Inc VAT by sjd. I have no issues with the service I have received from them at all I just think I can get the same for less cost to the business.
            When I told sjd that I was moving my accounting from them and the only reason was cost, they just said thanks for letting us know. There was no attempt to retain my business just so long and thanks for all the fish.
            But if they'd have dropped prices for one, they'd have to do it for all, which will be an unsustainable business model at the price they've paid for it.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              But if they'd have dropped prices for one, they'd have to do it for all, which will be an unsustainable business model at the price they've paid for it.
              Why? Yes managing different rates for different clients is more onerous than a single flat rate across the board, and I acknowledge that larger organisations are not capable of managing this within their processes which is one size fits all, but if your clients start to leave because they feel they are no longer getting value for money as elsewhere then the business model is unsustainable anyway.

Comment

Why? Yes managing different rates for different clients is more onerous than a single flat rate across the board, and I acknowledge that larger organisations are not capable of managing this within their processes which is one size fits all, but if your clients start to leave because they feel they are no longer getting value for money as elsewhere then the business model is unsustainable anyway.
                I agree, but they'd have to be prepared to slash rates for all, or simply reverse the previous increase. We don't know what profitability model they're operating; if they hadn't increased, would you have stayed?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Same here, i switched to Gorilla from SJD because i didn't believe the level of service i was getting reflected the price they were charging. Also switching from a spreadsheet to Freeagent also clinched it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    I agree, but they'd have to be prepared to slash rates for all, or simply reverse the previous increase. We don't know what profitability model they're operating; if they hadn't increased, would you have stayed?
                    Yes I probably would have stayed without the recent price increase. The price differential between sjd and their competitors is now too great to ignore.

Comment

Yes I probably would have stayed without the recent price increase. The price differential between sjd and their competitors is now too great to ignore.
                      There's a lot of people seem to be just chucking money away when there are better and cheaper deals almost everywhere you look.
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X