• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35 - no dividend payments at all?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VectraMan
    replied
    You gain some money on the FRS too.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Did you ask your account to explain to you exactly why this is so you can fully understand? Did they mention three 5% to you?

Leave a comment:

• Whoknows
    replied
    I also have very high (allowable) travel expenses, which are all reimbursed by my client - putting my turnover up. So the 5% goes a bit further.....but my accountant is telling me there is no dividend to pay, only salary.

Leave a comment:

• Kenny@MyAccountantFriend
    replied
    As you have the 5% allowance for expenses if you have a high day rate it is still possible to make a profit from this amount.

You would also have a Corporation Tax payment on this profit too.

Leave a comment:

• Whoknows
    started a topic Inside IR35 - no dividend payments at all?

Inside IR35 - no dividend payments at all?

Being inside IR35 with a single running contract, no other company income - would there be any circumstances where you could still receive a dividend payment (alongside the large salary)

Looking at the popular calculators (e.g. Nixon Williams) the IR35 output shows a net dividend of £3k+ (on £500/day).

Can someone explain?

Working...
X