• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal income tax on dividends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal income tax on dividends

I am taking all of my dividends this year. If I take about 70K as dividend, Do I need to pay anything else apart from the dividend tax of 22.5%?

Is there any personal income tax is involved on top of the dividend tax?

Is that gross dividend value or net dividend value?

Either (a) ask your accountant, or (b) whack the numbers in here and see what comes out.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I know I get slated for this but why don't you speak to your bleeding accountant? You shouldn't be using a free forum to run your finances and we aren't really bothered about doing it for you either.

You are legally responsible for getting this right so speak to an expert.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi Ramesh,
        Looking at the other threads you have started, I have a few questions:

1. Do you ever take advice offered on here?
        2. Do you ever respond to threads?
        3. Do you have an accountant?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hi Ramesh

The tax rate will be 25% on the net dividends in higher rate, worth considering payments on account also when budgeting for personal tax liabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan @ Stilwell Gray View Post
            Hi Ramesh

The tax rate will be 25% on the net dividends in higher rate, worth considering payments on account also when budgeting for personal tax liabilities.
            You need to know the gross dividend though to calculate how much of the dividend has been caught by the higher rate band.
            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Hi Ramesh,
              Looking at the other threads you have started, I have a few questions:

1. Do you ever take advice offered on here?
              2. Do you ever respond to threads?
              3. Do you have an accountant?
              I have an accountant. Its better to get an idea here before approaching the accountant.. Just noticed that I dont have email notification enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by ramesh View Post
                I have an accountant. Its better to get an idea here before approaching the accountant.. Just noticed that I dont have email notification enabled.
                You know you can use Google to search for your answer? There are other forums like accountancy and money saving, accountancy websites and HMRC themselves provide loads of information that would give you the answers as at some point the nice accountants here are just going to ignore your questions.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ramesh View Post
                  It's actually better to ask your accountant first - considering you're paying him...

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
                    It's actually better to ask your accountant first - considering you're paying him...

That would explain why my invoice to CUK for "advice given" remains unpaid!
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X