• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agencies demanding extra information: new reporting requirements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agencies demanding extra information: new reporting requirements

Posters have been turning up indignant that agencies are demanding extra information from them mid-contract.

To which the answer is: suck it up. The Government has legislated that agencies have to collect information and pass it onto them.

The Income Tax (Pay As You Earn)
    (Amendment No. 2) Regulations 2015

The specific information required is:
    Specified information
    84G.
    The specified information is—
    (a)
    in respect of the specified employment intermediary making the return its—
    (i) name;
    (ii) address;
    (iii) postcode;
    (iv)employer’s PAYE reference number where it is required to have one (9);

(b) in respect of each individual providing the services referred to in regulation 84E—
    (i) the individual’s—
    (aa) full name;
    (bb) address;
    (cc) postcode;
    (dd) national insurance number (if the individual has one) or gender and date of birth (where the individual does not have a national insurance number);
    (ee) Unique Taxpayer Reference issued by HMRC (if self-employed or a member of a partnership);
    (ii) the date on which the individual began providing the services referred to in regulation 84E;
    (iii) the date (if any) on which the individual stopped providing the services referredto in regulation 84E; and

(c) where a payment is made to an individual in respect of, or in connection with, the services referred to in regulation 84E, but that payment is not included in a return delivered to HMRC under regulation 67B at the time the payment was made because there is no reporting requirement or there is a reporting failure—
    (i) the full name (or if a partnership the name under which they trade) and address of the person receiving the payment made by the specified employment intermediary (if not the same as in 84G(b)(i)(aa) and (bb));
    (ii) the total of the payments made by the specified employment intermediary to the person in the tax quarter;
    (iii) the reason why the specified employment intermediary has not deducted income tax from those payments;
    (iv) where the reason for the non deduction given in (iii) is that the payments made are to a limited company the full name of the company and company registration number of that company; and
    (v) whether the payments included amounts in respect of Value Added Tax.
    If you say that you've already given them this info, they are swamped with work - they have to do this for all X 000 contractors that they've got on their books.

If you want more info, read the bleedin' document...

Edit: or this https://www.gov.uk/government/public...g-requirements
    Last edited by cojak; 30 July 2015, 11:04. Reason: Thanks to DaveB for the extra link.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

And below is a list of topics opened by posters that might provide and insight in to other peoples feelings and what they did about it to help get the view on the ground so to speak...

Agency and NI requests posts opened on CUK
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ugh so many people with their heads in the sand
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

I think we have only had one contractor across our UK book refuse to provide their NI Number.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
          I think we have only had one contractor across our UK book refuse to provide their NI Number.
          What did you do when NLUK refused

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
            Which is perfectly fine as long as you have their gender and DoB.

Comment

Looks like a bad trend + the new tax on dividends.

Comment

Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
                Looks like a bad trend + the new tax on dividends.
                It's not a trend, it's legislation.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It should be resisted.

I have terrible handwriting, I would supply the information by FAX written by hand.

At an angle.

Using crayon

Comment

Originally posted by FatGit View Post
                    It should be resisted.

I have terrible handwriting, I would supply the information by FAX written by hand.

At an angle.

Using crayon
                    Why? It's a legal requirement.
                    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                    X