• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats your views on Budget 2015?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere (I'm sure one of the post police will be along with a hearty KUATB if it has) but this article addresses the "inside or outside of the tax free allowance" question. Do the ISA comments have any relevance to Ltd company structures?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-avoid-it.html

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Which cases? Are you taking the fact we typically pay very little NI into account?
      You are right this time. By the time employer NI is considered, there is no case in which limited company contractors pay a higher rate of tax than the tax paid on PAYE employee compensation.

The marginal rate gets pretty close at higher earnings.

Comment

Originally posted by meanttobeworking View Post
        but this article addresses the "inside or outside of the tax free allowance" question. Do the ISA comments have any relevance to Ltd company structures?
        Contractor Calculator said the same thing, but I don't know if either of them actually knows. I saw an accountants' discussion in which they drew the same conclusion, but they said it hadn't actually been stated for certain yet.

I can't see how the ISA comments would be relevant.

Comment

Indeed, all speculation and educated guesses at the moment.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by meanttobeworking View Post
            Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere (I'm sure one of the post police will be along with a hearty KUATB if it has) but this article addresses the "inside or outside of the tax free allowance" question. Do the ISA comments have any relevance to Ltd company structures?
            Yes if YourCo floats on a recognised stock exchange then it would be eligible.

One thing the Times article did not mention is that many BigCo.'s already facilitate dividend tax avoidance for private investors, typically through use of the personal CGT allowance - a practice which seems to go completely unchallenged.

Comment

Working...
            X