• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard Splash View Post
    We all know or appreciate deep down that they are all the same regardless of the party label... Doesn't matter who you vote for the end result will be the same and it won't change until everyone wakes up to it.
    Well no unless Cameron is not going to follow through on raising the inheritance tax threshold to 1m.
    If he does that will save me over £250,000.

Also raising the 40% threshold and the starting tax threshold should save me about £2,400 a year.

So big difference and that's without any other stealth taxes that Labour throws into the mix. Cameron pledged to hold taxes for 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
      Well no unless Cameron is not going to follow through on raising the inheritance tax threshold to 1m.
      If he does that will save me over £250,000.

Also raising the 40% threshold and the starting tax threshold should save me about £2,400 a year.

So big difference and that's without any other stealth taxes that Labour throws into the mix. Cameron pledged to hold taxes for 5 years.
      Did he promise not to apply retrospection to anything for 5 years too?

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
        Did he promise not to apply retrospection to anything for 5 years too?
        I recall someone saying that they would fight to remove what labour had put in place... Msrs Gauke and Cameron... But enough of politics, lets focus on the real fight...
        Let the financial healing commence

Comment

For what it's worth I just received notice from HMRC of all my APN's being cancelled - no details other than "issued in error".

For once HMRC timing makes for a good weekend

Before you ask, yes, all notices were challenged by MontP.

Comment

APN's

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
            For what it's worth I just received notice from HMRC of all my APN's being cancelled - no details other than "issued in error".

I received my notifications from HMRC around 9-10 weeks ago but as yet no APN's.
            There seem to be a number of people who have had their APN's withdrawn as "issued in error".Is it likely that I'm not going to receive mine until the so-called "error" has been rectified? Are there other people who are still awaiting original APN's?

Comment

Great news - for what years if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
                Great news - for what years if you don't mind me asking?
                04/05, 05/06, 06/07, and 07/08.

The letter from HMRC was dated the day after they received the challenge drafted by MontP.

Comment

The letter from HMRC was dated the day after they received the challenge drafted by MontP.
                  Did you challenge all 4 years? The draft I had from MontP was only to challenge up to 06. Keeping my fingers crossed the challenge does get them all withdrawn as the deadline to pay is fast approaching and paying isn't going to be possible.

Comment

Excellent - same years as me.

Did your APNs mention partnership or you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hmmmmm View Post
                      Did you challenge all 4 years? The draft I had from MontP was only to challenge up to 06. Keeping my fingers crossed the challenge does get them all withdrawn as the deadline to pay is fast approaching and paying isn't going to be possible.
                      i had the same question .... plus how long ago did you send the letters

Comment

Working...
                      X