• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NEWBIE: Taxes and other doubts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIE: Taxes and other doubts

Hello everyone.

I wil make a contract with Modis Uk, and i need to know what i have to do to pay lesser taxes.

Using a example of a rate of 200eur/day, and working in my country, can any expert explain how all this works, and receive sugestions the best way to do this.

Many many regards.

Joao.

Thread closed. Neeeeeext.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Stay in your country and you will pay no tax in the UK. This advice is given free of charge and without prejudice.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by blackscorpio View Post
        I wil make a contract with Modis Uk
        Don't forget the salt.

and i need to know what i have to do to pay lesser taxes.
        Don't pay tax.

Using a example of a rate of 200eur/day, and working in my country, can any expert explain how all this works, and receive sugestions the best way to do this.
        Using the example provided, the best approach would be to invoice 200 eur/day and avoid travelling to another country.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Don't forget the salt.

Don't pay tax.

Using the example provided, the best approach would be to invoice 200 eur/day and avoid travelling to another country.
          It is my first contract.. i am completely blind of how much taxes i will pay.. my country is Portugal but i am connected with Modis Uk, and work im Portugal.

I dont know how much i will keep with a 200eur/day..
          When you say invoice 200eur/day, why you said that and what happens with how much taxes i will pay.

Thanks.

Joao

Comment

You will pay 50 euros per day. Ill send you the account to transfer the payment to.

You are also a beneficiery to a 21,000,000.00 deposit as a distant relative of a friend of a friend passed away in Nigeria.
            Just send your bank account details and our sources will transfer the funds over to you.

Seriously the clue is in the country you reside.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

O que o seu contador dizer?
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                O que o seu contador dizer?
                POTD...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  POTD...
                  obrigado

Comment

If you will be coming to UK, sign up with an umbrella company, they will explain everything to you. Your take home will be ~65 - 75% of your rate, depending on expenses.

If you will work from home in Portugal, contact your own tax office as your income will be taxed only in Portugal.

Comment

Working...
                    X