• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giant want me to personally indemnify them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Apart from moaning on here what have you done about the contract?

Discussions are ongoing, as they were before I first posted here. don't worry ill update here with the outcome when I know it. Suspect this may take a while to play out.

Comment

Thanks 20Years, it will be interesting to see what happens - hope it goes your way
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

So, GP wont move on this. So I have had to decline the renewal.

Will see if thats the end of it, or whether now because I've declined that sparks some movement.

If its the end of it , I am thoroughly annoyed, and pretty upset at having to turn down 6 months worth of work that I worked hard to obtain without an agencies involvment. It probably also rules out working for this client again until this is sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by 20years View Post

Will see if thats the end of it, or whether now because I've declined that sparks some movement.

If its the end of it , I am thoroughly annoyed, and pretty upset at having to turn down 6 months worth of work that I worked hard to obtain without an agencies involvment. It probably also rules out working for this client again until this is sorted out.
          I hope you have told the client what the problem is in as plain English as possible.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I hope you have told the client what the problem is in as plain English as possible.
            oh yes, they said it 'sounds rather unfair' , and 'can see why you wouldnt want to sign it'. Will see if that turns into action.

I'm not hopeful of GP altering their position, I am hopeful that there is an alternative solution that doesnt involve GP.

hello GP - if you're reading.

Comment

oh yes, they said it 'sounds rather unfair' , and 'can see why you wouldnt want to sign it'. Will see if that turns into action.

I'm not hopeful of GP altering their position, I am hopeful that there is an alternative solution that doesnt involve GP.

hello GP - if you're reading.
              Is it possible that they (GP) wanted you out, so they could put a less expensive (for GP) person on site?
              Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
                Is it possible that they (GP) wanted you out, so they could put a less expensive (for GP) person on site?
                If 20years can find the person who signs the contracts it's worth telling them as GP may find they have one less client.....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If Giant Precision Services ever contact me about any opportunities, I shall remember this thread!
                  Last edited by kingcook; 5 December 2014, 14:26. Reason: SEO
                  Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

So to hear you're being dicked. I had a quasi-row with an agency last week who wanted to throw me some ad-hoc work (nothing major, nothing solid) and wanted me to sign a 24 month no compete with ANY of their customers. The result was them not responding to e-mails or calls.

Anyway, he phoned me up today looking to fill a perm position

Comment

I can't help thinking that there may be some who won't be best chuffed about an umbrella company operating as an agency ARC WELCOMES APSCO UNDERTAKING FOR UMBRELLA MEMBERS
                      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                      X