• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dispute with agency - worth pursuing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    You're having a laugh, arent you? I used to love working my 5 days into 4 and having a 3 day weekend. Perhaps its because you think some contractors are daft enough to work 12 hours a day 5 days a week in fear of telling their client they wont do it?

I did compressed 4 day working, 35 to 37 hour week for over 3 years and I felt less tired and more refreshed than working the same standard 5 day week with daily travel.

Lots of people work what they call continental shifts ie 12 hours a day for 4 days then have 4 days off. It doesnt affect productivity one jot.
    No Bolshie, I'm not "having a laugh", it's just how I feel about it.

Good for you that it works, and good for others too if it does.

I suspect for most though, productivity trails off dramatically before the end of a normal day, never mind 12 hour shift or whatever.

Of course, if you have a crazy daily travel time, that will certainly help.

re: the bit in bold. I've never done that, and will only on the very special needed occasion work more hours than required. Not sure why you think I think that?
    Last edited by jmo21; 4 November 2014, 14:41.

Comment

Working...
    X