• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I have to use UK ltd/umbrella to get paid nowadays?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
    Directly contact Jobserve.co.uk or ComputerFutures, AustinFraser, et al.
    There are loads of them who will gladly help...

Try bidding for this role, mentioned right here... http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-engineer.html

Also why do you think you need to file a case against UK agencies? I thought Gideon was open to taking brown covers to open up the full UK to offshore?
    Dear Milkyway,

Thank you for replying to my post. However, I get an impression that your comments and recommendations are disingenuous. Why would I want to bid for "Fake Network Engineer”? I am looking for people who can provide advice. If you are not able to do that, I would be grateful if you could abstain from making unhelpful comments. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Confounded View Post
      Dear Milkyway,

Thank you for replying to my post. However, I get an impression that your comments and recommendations are disingenuous. Why would I want to bid for "Fake Network Engineer”? I am looking for people who can provide advice. If you are not able to do that, I would be grateful if you could abstain from making unhelpful comments. Thank you
      As a start, to address your point, there is no discrimination going on here, an Agent or Client is completely entitled to decide who they will do business with. There are plenty of cases in the press of dodgy offshore tax avoidance and evasion schemes, it's a primary reason why the Agents won't touch offshore companies.
      Many Agencies and Clients won't touch people needing visa's as they end up with possible problems with the Border Agency.

Cojak (who is a board mod) is concerned about you resurrecting old threads, created by banned trolls, as not only is there a large risk that they are no longer topical, but because there's a risk you're simply a reincarnation of the banned troll. your writing "style" was used by at least 1 banned troll in the past too.

Comment

I am looking for people who can provide advice. If you are not able to do that, I would be grateful if you could abstain from making unhelpful comments. Thank you
        UK agency, ClientCo in UK = UK Ltd of Umbrella - End of story.
        Why anyone in their right mind would be coming from EU mainland (bar perhaps The Netherlands) to a contract in the UK in the current climate, and then with the changes in APR16 & APR17 is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Why anyone in their right mind would be coming from EU mainland (bar perhaps The Netherlands) to a contract in the UK in the current climate, and then with the changes in APR16 & APR17 is beyond me.
          I'm fairly sure that the "poster" we've both responded to is a group of people from the subcontinent after getting visa's sponsored (here's hoping that they fail abjectly on that front), that or it's yet another sockpuppet trying a stupid persona.
          Both scenario's are far from new on CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
            Dear clearedforlanding,

Why do you say "end of story"? Surely there are plenty of companies without a UK base doing business in the UK?

The reason for looking for contracts in the UK is simple - higher rate than in our home country.

I am sorry, I do not know what APR16 and APR17 are.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Cojak (who is a board mod) is concerned about you resurrecting old threads, created by banned trolls, as not only is there a large risk that they are no longer topical, but because there's a risk you're simply a reincarnation of the banned troll. your writing "style" was used by at least 1 banned troll in the past too.
              Dear TykeMerc,

I was not aware that the person who posted the original question to which I replied was banned.

If it helps, I can change my writing style to be more obnoxious and offensive, like that used by some users here. However, I fought that I am dealing with professional people here which requires a professional conduct, including writing style.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                I'm fairly sure that the "poster" we've both responded to is a group of people from the subcontinent after getting visa's sponsored (here's hoping that they fail abjectly on that front), that or it's yet another sockpuppet trying a stupid persona.
                Both scenario's are far from new on CUK.
                Dear TykeMerc,

You are correct in that we are a group of people - a group of consultants providing services.

Not sure what you mean by "the subcontinent" however.

Also, in my opinion, if a person is asking question, it doesn't make him "a stupid persona". On my part, I fail to understand why some people waste their time in posting unhelpful comments. In my opinion, if you have nothing constructive to say - it is better not to say anything.

Comment

Dear TykeMerc,

I was not aware that the person who posted the original question to which I replied was banned.

If it helps, I can change my writing style to be more obnoxious and offensive, like that used by some users here. However, I fought that I am dealing with professional people here which requires a professional conduct, including writing style.
                  I am trying to decide whether to ban you or not, you are making my job easier.

If you want to work in the UK, look at Visa and Tax implications here :

https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration

Proposed tax changes for workers supplied by intermediaries are premature and unnecessary

Speak to an accountant to find out how to create a UK subsidiary (which is how most foreign companies work).
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Speak to an accountant to find out how to create a UK subsidiary (which is how most foreign companies work).
                    Dear cojak,

Thank you for the links provided.

Could you please let me know why you are thinking about banning me? Have I in some way breached the rules of the forum?

We have already contacted several accountancy firms (including SJD). However, they all tell us that they only deal with UK-based contractors and that it will be near impossible for us to establish a UK Ltd as we have no ties in the UK. And this is why we have come to this forum, because there must be people out there who were in the same situation.

Comment

Dear cojak,

Thank you for the links provided.

Could you please let me know why you are thinking about banning me? Have I in some way breached the rules of the forum?

We have already contacted several accountancy firms (including SJD). However, they all tell us that they only deal with UK-based contractors and that it will be near impossible for us to establish a UK Ltd as we have no ties in the UK. And this is why we have come to this forum, because there must be people out there who were in the same situation.
                      Giving you the benefit of the doubt (bit of a stretch as I'm convinced you're a troll), I'll respond.

People yes, but not many and not groups trying to use agencies that place individuals into roles as a free sales arm, the agencies will NOT play ball with that, they're not totally stupid.. I'm now assuming you're trying to do a cut price Wipro type business approach of sending a low cost "consultant" to fill a genuine business need.
                      Said consultant will need a visa to work here and will pay no UK tax due to the liberties possible with the visa system.
                      Returning to your original discrimination question, exactly what sort of discrimination would you like to claim? Racial? Gender? Religious? All of the above?

Comment

Working...
                      X