• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Landed a 3-month contract - IR35 problem. How much £££ would I lose?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update - and thank you everyone for the help this time round.

I missed an email from my advisor at 4pm yesterday - which changes things significantly. The additional information provided by the agency does make a significant difference, and there is a positive outcome possible. They requested an introduction to the agency so they can discuss contract changes to shore things up. This is all underway now.

This is great news. My advisor has also called me to run through the possibilities, and risks, and have been exceptionally helpful.

Those who pointed out potential complicaitons relating to the public sector were absolutely spot-on. My advisor has filled me in on some crucial history and I'm in no doubts as to why they are being cautious and methodical on this one. No doubt at all. This is a real education for me. I don't think I'll need a second opinion on this - since the first one is more than good enough to get this issue resolved. A LOT can happen in a few hours.

Comment

Working...
    X