• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closed company with bank funds confiscated!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
    It's so much hassle to close a company, I wonder if its better just to empty the account and pay HMRC off when they chase you.
    **If

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    It's so much hassle to close a company, I wonder if its better just to empty the account and pay HMRC off when they chase you.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    That's what she said
    Story of my life that is!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Ah well.. Another one pump wonder.
    That's what she said

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Ah well.. Another one pump wonder.

Leave a comment:

• darrylmg
    replied
    2.5k is less than 2.2k + 1.4k

Doesn't this mean he's insolvent? Maybe the accountant would stop the closure anyway...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Question I have is did your accountant know you had applied to close your account?

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    You can apply to Companies House for an Administrative Restoration, which I believe will cost you £100. The bank should then un-freeze your funds.

Then slap your accountant for not warning you, if indeed they didn't, and ask them to deal with closing it again.

Leave a comment:

• Jimlad12
    started a topic Closed company with bank funds confiscated!

Closed company with bank funds confiscated!

Hi everyone,

Apologies as the answers to my questions may be elsewhere.

I applied for closure of my ltd company in February with approximates 2.5k in a business savers account to cover tax/accountant. I finally received a letter today from my accountant and have roughly 2.2k in corporation tax to pay and 1.4k accountant fees. Having read a couple of other threads the money in the bank may be transferred to companies house and having spoken to my bank 5 minutes ago they have started this process, although it is still in one of their holding accounts.

If I am not able to reclaim this money what is the impact I am facing? As a ltd company I know it cannot affect my personal credit score, but would rather pay what I can to both HMRC and my accountant.

Any help is much appreciated. Would love to have this stressful ordeal behind me and focus on my new career.

Working...
X