• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello all :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all :)

Hello. I'm new to this forum and new to contracting in UK.

Not that I'm a newbie. I've been contracting in my country for good 10 years (never been a permie for a single day in my life), but the chain always ends in UK or USA anyway so I decided I could as well eliminate some parasites in the middle.

We'll see what comes.

Welcome

Comment

Welcome and enjoy this forum plenty of good advice

Comment

Warm wishes to you sir.

one day at a time

Comment

Greetings
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Hmm, didn't a recently banned poster use the term parasites?
            Last edited by northernladuk; 30 June 2014, 09:22.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hmm, didn't a recently banned poster use the term parasites?
              I am not your banned friend. You should put a list of words used by banned members so I know what to avoid.

Comment

I'm always suspicious of someone who claims to have been contracting since they left school/uni. How can you possibly have the experience to go into a contract and hit the ground running with no practical experience?

I've only ever met one person who claimed this and I know their CV is full of lies and bluster. He got sacked after a week at one client but had on his CV sent into another client I was at that he had contracted at the first client for 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                  I'm always suspicious of someone who claims to have been contracting since they left school/uni. How can you possibly have the experience to go into a contract and hit the ground running with no practical experience?

I've only ever met one person who claimed this and I know their CV is full of lies and bluster. He got sacked after a week at one client but had on his CV sent into another client I was at that he had contracted at the first client for 3 months.
                  It twas easy back in 94. Anyone with 20 minutes of internet experience could call themselves an expert and many did.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It twas easy back in 94. Anyone with 20 minutes of internet experience could call themselves an expert and many did.
                    I started about 2003.

I'm always suspicious of someone who claims to have been contracting since they left school/uni.
                    To scare you even more, it started before I left uni.

How can you possibly have the experience to go into a contract and hit the ground running with no practical experience?
                    You may call it luck.
                    I started working for a tiny ISP startup when I was still a student. They would hire any low-cost dude that could type. Surprise even to me, they turned out successful. I gained some cash and a lot of experience. So it goes.

Comment

Working...
                    X