• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

hello

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello

Hi Folks,

I’m a newbie on this board just signing up and considering a return to contracting after a period as a permie.

The plan being to take full advantage of a generous severance package at my current employer, take a bit of time out and then plunge into IT PM contracting.

I’m fortunate that my redundancy payout will essentially give me a 30 month warchest right off the bat. So hopefully less pressure on me to jump at every contract regardless of rate/location/employer.

Looking at the various calculators a £360 day rate for 46 weeks a year (as a limited company) will see me with a take home of £5k which in turn is circa 50% more than my permie take home to cover for bench time, pensions, etc etc.

PM day rates seem to be averaging £410-£450 so hopefully the sums above stack up.

A £430 day rate would give me a 80% surplus above today’s income. Which would be even better but I don’t want to assume I land one of those (or better) straight away.

That’s the plan anyway. Looking forward to some good interactions and words of wisdom over the coming months.

And most of all looking to leave the world of permie corporate politics.

in terms of getting started is Jobserve still the best source for contract opportunities as it was back in the day or are there other players in this space now?

Originally posted by pearlwhite67 View Post
    And most of all looking to leave the world of permie corporate politics.
    Amen to that!
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

a very warm welcome to cuk

Comment

Working...
      X