• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

changng from PAYE tp LTD company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changng from PAYE tp LTD company

I sent my time sheet and the agency processed the payment as PAYE, however I already got my LTD can they stop the payment and change it to the LTD

Originally posted by abobutta View Post
    I sent my time sheet and the agency processed the payment as PAYE, however I already got my LTD can they stop the payment and change it to the LTD
    Call the agency and ask them...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Call the agency and ask them...
      Don't be silly. That's far too sensible.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If the agency has already set you up as their employee and processes payment, you would need a new contract between them and your limited company to replace the one in existence.

I'd suggest that if you were investigated, HMRC would have a pretty good case for showing that you were an employee if you suddenly switch (effectively mid-contract) from being an employee to not.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          If the agency has already set you up as their employee and processes payment, you would need a new contract between them and your limited company to replace the one in existence.

I'd suggest that if you were investigated, HMRC would have a pretty good case for showing that you were an employee if you suddenly switch (effectively mid-contract) from being an employee to not.
          I got a transfer to an anothet position one week into a paye job but the rest of the guys on the new job are ltd company so obviously I wanted the same conditions

so if I was already paid from the company paye how would I change to ltd co without the inland revenue pulling me up?

Comment

Originally posted by quag88 View Post
            so if I was already paid from the company paye how would I change to ltd co without the inland revenue pulling me up?
            Luck.

If you avoid there being an investigation, then you get away with it. If you don't, then you'll need a very good explanation as to why you changed.

Unless you are going to declare yourself inside IR35 anyway, in which case HMRC won't care because they are getting nearly the same amount in tax anyway.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Luck.

If you avoid there being an investigation, then you get away with it. If you don't, then you'll need a very good explanation as to why you changed.

Unless you are going to declare yourself inside IR35 anyway, in which case HMRC won't care because they are getting nearly the same amount in tax anyway.
              so how would you advise I proceed with this? change to ltd co and declare on the IR35 I have switched from paye to limited company?

Comment

so how would you advise I proceed with this? change to ltd co and declare on the IR35 I have switched from paye to limited company?

Find out what IR35 is, ASAP

Comment

It's quite possible that you can put the PAYE thing down to a "misunderstanding" or perhaps the agency can cancel the PAYE payment and divert it to your LTD.

Get yourself an accountant and talk it through with them, there are a few helpful ones here. You will also need to get your contract reviewed for IR35 compliance and they can advise if you have burned your bridges or not.

Good luck!
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                  X