• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Renewal of Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renewal of Contract

Hi,

I've been on a contract with the same firm for almost 2 yrs in a couple of weeks times, I've been on a 3 months contracts rolling with the same company. But I'll like to know what are the implications of staying with the same company after 2 yrs? and will it be okay for me to renew my contract agin if offered?

I've got a Ltd comp. and I'm empl. & Dir of the company.

Advice or a site with this information will be helpful

Originally posted by BabyGirl_1 View Post
    Hi,

I've been on a contract with the same firm for almost 2 yrs in a couple of weeks times, I've been on a 3 months contracts rolling with the same company. But I'll like to know what are the implications of staying with the same company after 2 yrs? and will it be okay for me to renew my contract agin if offered?

I've got a Ltd comp. and I'm empl. & Dir of the company.

Advice or a site with this information will be helpful
    You can no longer claim travel and subsistence as the contract is no longer seen as temporary.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Sounds more like you need to go permie with this level of understanding after 2 years!!

If you go to the Accounts section there is a stickie on the 2 year rule and links to a load of questions about it.

2 Years has nothing to do with your contract but I would hazard a guess you need to read up on IR35 and digest that before renewal.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X