• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How quickly should we be expected to respond to contract offers?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How quickly should we be expected to respond to contract offers?

Any thoughts on an acceptable period of time to get back to an employer after a contract position has been offered?

What are the standard (and indeed max and min) lead times that experienced contractors have come across?

In my example I'm expecting an answer back from the client today (exactly a week from the first interview) - from people's experience would commiting to providing a response by say Monday lunchtime (to give it some final thought and kick off the leaving process from a current role) be entirely acceptable?

I appreciate that every client (and indeed hiring manager) is different but I'd be interested on hearing people's perspectives.

Thanks all and have a great weekend.

Originally posted by Joxer View Post
    Any thoughts on an acceptable period of time to get back to an employer after a contract position has been offered?
    When a position is offered, you are generally expected to make a decision on the spot. I normally accept the offer "subject to contract". For most of my jobs I've offered and accepted the contract within hours of the interview and started as soon as we could get the paperwork signed.

Clients seem to like it that way, interview, like, offer, accept, start monday. Likewise they will quickly drop you if things go wrong but hey, that's business.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
    X