• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie looking for help :/

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie looking for help :/

So I'm looking into venturing into the world of self employment and am required to set up a LTD company. Currently in the process of making a company name at Companies House. But it asks for shares. Quantity and value. What do I put for this? It may be obvious to most but it has me baffled.
    Also (because I know no one with a LTD company) what are the typical costs of a LTD company. Say for argument sake the net income to the company was £30,000. How do you pay yourself out of that and do you then pay tax and NI on what you pay yourself or the income to the business account?
    Apologies if this is all below people but this is a new thing to me. All answers greatly received

See that First Timers link over there----------->

Read it.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      See that First Timers link over there----------->

Read it.
      As above + get yourself an accountant at the same time (straight up).

Comment

congrats on the move, its time to make it rain money

As above, get yourself an accountant to take care of the boring stuff, I'm using Nexusaccounting.co.uk but there are plenty of others.

Comment

I highly recommend QDOS. Try Ben Surtees-Smith or Troy Stevens on 0116 2437868. Everything will be taken care of for you.

Comment

Working...
          X