• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this

But looking forward to having a say

Okay, welcome aboard.

Comment

very new to this!

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Okay, welcome aboard.

New to it myself. Just landed a contract for six months, very possibly to be extended, and it's all a bit of a blur right now to be honest.

Doubtless, all of this has been much visited, and it's annoying to have some newbee ask what's already been answered 1000 times before.

But once in a while, the newbee will turn out to be rather entertaining, and pointing out the bleedin' obvious - sorry, I mean helpful prods in the right direction - will be not only appreciated anew, but returned in favours not yet anticipated.

Right now, I'm wondering if I should just wait in the cheapest hotel available for a week or so, until I can find a suitable 6-month let on an apartment. So that I can look at it, and make sure the area etc. is ok. Or is the best thing to get that squared away in advance by one of the agencies, who want a 1/2 month rental fee for finding it?

I'm wondering, are these agents really worth such a fee, or should I just find somewhere and arrange it myself ahead of time?

Anyway... that's the sort of thing I'm wondering about right now... if anyone wants to discuss it, they will have my gratitude.

Comment

Working...
      X