• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dutch student in need for help (graduation assignment)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch student in need for help (graduation assignment)

Dear CUK members,

My name is Glenn and I am a graduate student at the Fontys University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands. For my final graduation project, I am examining the different methods English entrepreneurs are using while recording their bookkeeping. The focus in this study is on self-employed entrepreneurs and small enterprises. Since I am a foreign student, it is extremely difficult to get in touch with my target group. Therefor I hope that some of the CUK members are willing to help me out!

Why should I participate in this research?
    As token of my gratitude I will give away two Amazon gift cards with a total value of 50 pounds each. Furthermore, this survey should only take 3-5 minutes of your time and a response would foster the credibility of my thesis immensely.

Please be assured that all answers you provide will be anonymous and kept in the strictest confidentially.

If you would like to help me out with my graduation thesis, please click the link below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/78TMW2N

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Glenn van Leunen

Note: if you have any questions regarding the study, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Just so you aware, Glenn has confirmed that he is who he says he is by emailing me from his academic email address.

Comment

Was question 10 written by NLUK? (can't reveal why, you'll have to do the survey to find out)

Serious comment:
      There's a couple of questions I would have liked to choose more than 1 option, also the final question, typing in an email address did not work, you had to tick No as well (even though you meant Yes)

It's only 11 questions, will take a couple of minutes of your time, so go on, help a student.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The last question requires you to say "no" to the Amazon card, even if you provide your email address
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks for your constructive feedback!

I have adjusted the last question, I wasn't aware that one had to choose the 'no' option in order to finish the survey.

Quick question for @WTFH, could you please identify the question? Since I use different 'routes' (according to the answers provided) I am not sure which question you are referring to.

Thanks for the help! It is greatly appreciated

Comment

Thanks for your constructive feedback!

I have adjusted the last question, I was not aware that respondents were forced to select 'no' in order to confirm their e-mail address. It should work now

Quick question for @WTFH, could you please identify the specific question? I am not sure to which question you are referring, because I am using different routes (according to answers provided). Futhermore, for which questions would you have liked to select more answers?

Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated!

Comment

I've just gone back in and looked again, it was only Q10 about searching. I would like to choose 1,2,3 and Other - where "Other" would be to ask on here!
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Thanks @WTFH!

I think you are right, and have adjusted the question format.

Comment

Wat if you use an online accounting package AND use an accountant?

FreeAgent accountants will be happy with this survey.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Thanks for your input @Cojak.

However, this situation is covered in the 4th question by the answer; A combination between an accountant and an online bookkeeping platform.

I want to thank the CUK members who have filled in the survey! I only need 20 responses more for the results to be conclusive!

Comment

Working...
                    X