• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Logos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    Expensable isn't the same as free.

I went as far as designing a logo for the reason SueEllen says, but don't think I've ever used it and it was just something to do in idle time on the train. I don't expect to get contracts direct and a CV on a couple of jobsites plus a LinkedIn profile will give me much more return on my efforts.

As you are acting as a business, do you have plush offices with your Incorporation and Insurance certificates framed on the wall?

Regarding a logo, if you have one make sure it uses raster graphics so that is scaleable and that the colours suit being viewed printed as well as on screen. If you are going to have a website make sure it looks really professional as half the IT Contractors websites I've looked at are so poor and/or out of date that they would put me off hiring them.
    I never said it was - I was simply saying that in business, it's a business expense; as such, while it's money leaving your limited co account, it's only affecting that. Up to you; just like paying for a website template rather than using the free ones.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
      Expensable isn't the same as free.

I went as far as designing a logo for the reason SueEllen says, but don't think I've ever used it and it was just something to do in idle time on the train. I don't expect to get contracts direct and a CV on a couple of jobsites plus a LinkedIn profile will give me much more return on my efforts.

As you are acting as a business, do you have plush offices with your Incorporation and Insurance certificates framed on the wall?

Regarding a logo, if you have one make sure it uses raster graphics so that is scaleable and that the colours suit being viewed printed as well as on screen. If you are going to have a website make sure it looks really professional as half the IT Contractors websites I've looked at are so poor and/or out of date that they would put me off hiring them.
      *Vector

Comment

Originally posted by Shard1000 View Post
        Does anyone have any experience or a view regarding Company logos please? If yes and you are able to recommend a specific company I can loo at, that would be appreciated too. Thanks.
        I designed my own simple one that fits the name of the company. It's on my business cards, website, letterhead and invoice template, so it goes out to people.

It doesn't make any difference really, but it's a conversation piece when I give out a business card because the company name is quite funky and so is the logo so it gets people thinking and remembering it.
        First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Vistaprint

Vistaprint has some decent basic logos etc. for free. Used it for my business cards etc. with no problem.

But, as mentioned, be very careful when clicking through to the checkout - there's a lot of 'extras' that appear to be selected by default!

Comment

Working...
          X