• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie numpty question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie numpty question

Hello, complete newbie here.
    Can an I as an individual tender for a contract or do I need to be a 'company'?
    Thanks

What do you mean by 'tender'?

Comment

Assuming you mean "respond to an invitation to tender" then the terms should be defined within the tender document.
      First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

It depends on what the details of the tender and the actual work but I would be very surprised if any reasonable sized piece of work will even entertain an single person. Often part of the tender process will look at the company as an entity to asses previous work, capabilities and risks.

Even if it does allow you the chances of them picking you over a company are so slim it's hardly worth your time.

But each one is different so we probably can't say for certain.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaitani View Post
          Hello, complete newbie here.
          Can an I as an individual tender for a contract or do I need to be a 'company'?
          Thanks
          If I understood correctly you don't have to have an Ltd, you can go through an Umbrella Comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
            If I understood correctly you don't have to have an Ltd, you can go through an Umbrella Comp.
            I'd be amazed if any umbrella company would allow an individual to submit a tender document on their behalf.
            First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Are you mixing up tendering and contracting, or do you actually mean one and the same thing?

Comment

Thanks eveyone and apologies for my lack of knowledge, I really don't know what tender means. I'll share what I know below, might make it clearer. I'd really like this job.

Dear ????

???? would like to invite applications for a contract to provide administration services. The contract would be for the equivalent of 2 days (16 hours) of services per week. Hours worked can be flexible, as long as they are compatible with the needs of our existing administration provider, such that at times of illness, absence etc., essential admin services are maintained.

The value of the contract is £8,000 pa, invoiced monthly.

This provider should ideally be familiar with the sport of ???? and have good organisational and communication abilities and be familiar with data storage systems. Excellent computer skills are a requirement, including web site maintenance. Good internet access is essential and the use of a land line telephone.

If you would like to tender for the contract please apply by email, detailing your experience, both within the administration sector and within ????. In the first instance please contact ????.

The closing date for applications is the 20th February 2017.

Comment

I suppose my question is can I apply for this and if not what do I need to do in order to apply? Thanks again

Comment

You sure you are cut out for tenders?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X