• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coming Back to the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming Back to the UK

I've been living and working in Algiers for the last couple of years. I'm planning to return to the UK later this year and will be all set fair to start work in the autumn.

I will need to re-skill and have some money to fund this, the question is what courses and qualifications will give me the best chance of securing employment?

I've a lot of experience in project management all on the infratructure (desktop refresh, managed print, office restack/relaocation) side and am a 'lapsed' Prince 2 Practitioner, I plan to re-certify.

Apart from a brief period in the late 1990's I've always been a permanent employee, but quite fancy the contract life upon my return.

Any advice gratefully accepted

Originally posted by Dave Dervish View Post
    I've been living and working in Algiers for the last couple of years. I'm planning to return to the UK later this year and will be all set fair to start work in the autumn.

I will need to re-skill and have some money to fund this, the question is what courses and qualifications will give me the best chance of securing employment?

I've a lot of experience in project management all on the infratructure (desktop refresh, managed print, office restack/relaocation) side and am a 'lapsed' Prince 2 Practitioner, I plan to re-certify.

Apart from a brief period in the late 1990's I've always been a permanent employee, but quite fancy the contract life upon my return.

Any advice gratefully accepted
    You talk about needing to re-skill but that goes completely against the ethos of contracting surely? The idea is that you're skilled up and simply need to learn the client's business rules, standards, etc.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

We've been through this one ad infinitum. I'm sure you'll find some threads in this section asking exactly the same but a quicker method would be to use the search method described in sticky at the top of this area and use the word certification. Everytime someone asks about this we tend to trot the same advice out so you'll get plenty of advice.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X