• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Just thought I'd say hello

I've been a contractor on my first contract for a couple of years now and someone here mentioned that they found this place useful for advice and stuff, so I finally got round to signing up.

I live in northern England (don't want to say much more than that, you never know who's watching!) but mainly work either in London or from home if I can wangle it.

So, hi
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Welcome to CUK RonBK!
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Welcome Ron...

So first contract for a couple.of years. 24 month rule all above board? IR35 status still OK?

Tons of useful stuff here. Most basic questions will have been asked so don't forget to use the search method as described in the Sticky.

But first...

Where do you stand on the topic of gladiators?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Welcome Ron...

So first contract for a couple.of years. 24 month rule all above board? IR35 status still OK?

Tons of useful stuff here. Most basic questions will have been asked so don't forget to use the search method as described in the Sticky.

But first...

Where do you stand on the topic of gladiators?
        Gladiators scare me but not as much as time in a Turkish prison, Joey

24 month rule looks OK - I spent time trying to get a spreadsheet working of calculating it because I spend time at different locations and some time at home.

IR35 - think its OK (or as good as it can be). I use my own equipment, have projects defined in the contract schedule (18 months on one project, then 6 months on a new project with a new schedule), and pick my own hours. client has a good understanding (I think) because the project lead is an ex contractor.

Thanks for the welcome
        First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Welcome to CUK RonBK!
          Or RonBW!

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
            Or RonBW!
            Him as well- you're all welcome!
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
              Or RonBW!
              Ron Bolton Wanderers?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Ron Bolton Wanderers?
                Bolton Wanderers? Who are they?

Exachtly!

(Nothing to do with Bolton - must amount to a certain amount of pleasure when they disappeared from the premiership and then further. Sorry if you're a Wanderers fan!)

Comment

Working...
                X