• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello!... and question.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!... and question.

Hi all,

My first post - Hello!

Sorry if this has been asked before but I've been reading a few threads and done a couple of searches and can't quite find the answer.

As a newcomer to contracting I wanted to make sure my web searches for contracts cover as much of the market as possible. The search engine on this site is a cool combination of 3 sources but I was wondering if there are other sources that I should look at.

I've been looking at the following:

1. Jobserve
    2. Jobsite
    3. Indeed
    4. TechnoJobs [via here]
    5. Dice [via here]

Would you recommend any others? Is there a definitive list?

Indeed seems to cover quite a few sources but I've seen it flag up ads as new that were posted months ago.

All help greatly appreciated.

Hi Newbie, sorry, New boy
    (another one here!)

My list is pretty much that. I keep expecting Reed and Hays to have more, but I guess they're more "temp" rather than "contract".

Comment

I've never used Indeed, or even heard of Dice before. The others look OK to me, but it's been a while since I was looking.
      Last edited by TheFaQQer; 6 May 2016, 07:03.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I'm on the Dice mailing list, but have never used them.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I've never used Indeed, or even heard of Dice before. The others look OK to me, but it's been a while since I was looking.
          "Formerly the IT Job Board" - I've been subscribed to them since 2010, according to my password manager.

Comment

Something I do is just upload my CV to a few so it triggers a notification for the recruiters! Other than that, lots of agencies post the same job offer on many different job boards so if you find 5 or so you like, you'll pretty much cover a good percentage of the advertised contract jobs.

Comment

Indeed and Dice seem to be oft recommended by the 'advisors' in Job Centres
              So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Working...
              X