• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Start contracting on Tier 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start contracting on Tier 2

Hi, I am an Engineering professional and been working (full-time staff) under Tier 2 General for the past 2 years. I am now planning to switch employer and the new prospective employer is offering a 2 year contracting position for which I need to set-up a ltd company. Can the prospective employer give me a Tier 2 sponsorship given that the contract/offer would be directly referring to me?

No. You must be employed by the sponsor. You would be employed by your LTD and subcontract to the client which would fail the sponsorship criteria and Umbrella's cannot sponsor you.

http://www.contractoruk.com/successf...er_2_visa.html
    Last edited by northernladuk; 8 March 2016, 17:11.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sayed rizvi View Post
      Hi, I am an Engineering professional and been working (full-time staff) under Tier 2 General for the past 2 years. I am now planning to switch employer and the new prospective employer is offering a 2 year contracting position for which I need to set-up a ltd company. Can the prospective employer give me a Tier 2 sponsorship given that the contract/offer would be directly referring to me?
      Most definately not, contracting is expressly verboten on T2, it's not permitted to work via an intermediary, has to be directly for the end client.

In any case how would the prospective employer sponsor a company? Doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Most definately not, contracting is expressly verboten on T2, it's not permitted to work via an intermediary, has to be directly for the end client.

In any case how would the prospective employer sponsor a company? Doesn't make sense.
        Hi, thanks for your reply. I understand your point however should the prospective employer issue the contract explicitly stating that they will be needing me to work and that I will not be working for any other client would that make any difference? The issue here is that my prospective employer has a 1 year project hence they don't want to employ me as a staff. Apart from that all stays the same.

Comment

Originally posted by sayed rizvi View Post
          Hi, thanks for your reply. I understand your point however should the prospective employer issue the contract explicitly stating that they will be needing me to work and that I will not be working for any other client would that make any difference? The issue here is that my prospective employer has a 1 year project hence they don't want to employ me as a staff. Apart from that all stays the same.
          If they want you as staff, then they should be or become a licenced sponsor and apply for a COS for a T2 for you, you can't go via you own Limited as that would be an intermediary, which is not allowed AND would mean your Limited would have to become a sponsor and sponsor it's only employee which aside from being totally illegal would set the alarm bells off at UKVI full pelt.

Register on immigrationboards.com, post this in the T2 section and you'll get the same answer.

Comment

They will not take you on as a soul trader and if you went in as a LTD it would be that employing you not the client. So either way it won't work. You need to be sponsored by whoever is employing you.

If they don't want to employ you they are not your prospective employer are they?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              They will not take you on as a soul trader* and if you went in as a LTD it would be that employing you not the client. So either way it won't work. You need to be sponsored by whoever is employing you.

If they don't want to employ you they are not your prospective employer are they?
              Yup, T2's are tied to an EMPLOYER like H1B in USA. The old T1G wasn't tied to an employer and you could contract on that. But it's been closed for some time now.

*You are the Devil Incarnate and I claim my five pounds!

Comment

Working...
              X