• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forming a limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forming a limited company

Hello

This is my first post here and I am looking to become a contractor, by setting up my own limited company
    I see that a lot of services online offer the option of having a separate address registered so that your home address
    isn't displayed in the public company house register

I'm looking at using formationsfactory for creating the company but if I tick all the options for privacy the costs go from
    £11 to £200+ with recurring fees, so my question is, do people use their home addresses?
    since company house stopped publishing the birth day of directors, is identity fraud via company house an issue any more?

tl;dr is it safe to register your home address with company house?

Check the sticky about how to search the forums using the google method...

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...ntractoruk.com

Plenty of reading there for you.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Check the sticky about how to search the forums using the google method...

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...ntractoruk.com

Plenty of reading there for you.
      Thank you I appreciate your help, but I didn't find anything relevant in any of the top 5 threads in that google search nor in my own prior searches, is there a better search term I can use?

To clarify what I'm trying avoid:
      Russian gangs target Britons with new identity theft scam | Daily Mail Online

If I choose the cheaper option here am I going to have my identity stolen? Have the members here had any trouble with using their own address and then having their identity stolen?

Comment

Try identity theft company house or something.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

£15, ten minutes, Companies House website. Done
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Crikey OP I think you are a bit too risk averse, do you really feel up to being a contractor?

I should imagine the likelihood of that happening to you are about on par with you letting one of those nice Indian gentlemen that phone up out of the blue and offer to RDP on to your home PC to fix the Malware they told you it has.

If you do decide to use a faux business address remember to do the same when you register a domain for your new company as well.
            So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Working...
            X