• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just started contracting - how should I set myself up ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cdgeorge View Post
    ...yes I think I even worked that one out (but I fully appreciate your clarification considering how inexperienced I am with this subject - ABC steps are what I need) - it's just the savings on the tax. Looks like this is going to be his permanent place to work though - so even saving tax on travelling isn't going to happen.

Also the Umbrella company want something like £27.50 per week out of your pocket. I know someone here said get an accountant - but due to the limited time I have left before he starts (10th August) - best I at least start off with a brolly to get the ball rolling then consider my other options later given some breathing space.
    TBF, if your son can't find his way here to read/learn/ask for himself, for whatever reason, then it would be safe to say that Ltd Co is not for him.

'Get an accountant' can be the auto-response around here but in fact everything you have said points to Umbrella.

Cojak posted a bunch of links for you.

Comment

With no accountant and no brolly, what about'

PAYE
      VAT
      Dividends
      CT
      RTI
      P11D
      P60
      SA302

Not to mention treatment in the accounts for:

Fixed Assets
      Depreciation
      Written down allowances

Accounting is just adding up and taking away, right?

Comment

I'm curious to know what the outcome was (hopefully not a drowning in a collapsed tent).
        DORMANT ACCOUNT

Comment

Working...
        X