• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello all, I've just this second joined up..
    I'm a Mechanical Engineer contractor, usually working shift cover and sometimes on project work all over the UK.
    I've just finished my last contract, so I thought I'd have a look and see what's about. Although the hotel/B&B/accommodation thread caught my eye too. Finding decent, inexpensive, shift friendly digs has been the bane of my life for years!

Hi MarcR, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcR View Post
      Finding decent, inexpensive, shift friendly digs has been the bane of my life for years!

Welcome to CUK.

Which area are you looking in?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Welcome to CUK.

Which area are you looking in?
        Anywhere and everywhere in the UK, although I've got Northamptonshire covered, as I've done a huge amount of work at Weetabix in Burton Latimer and Corby,

Comment

I had a gig near Heathrow a while back and struggled somewhat. Eventually got a room through spareroom.co.uk. I could have afforded a hotel, but frankly after many years as a permie consultant I had got fed up of living in hotels, and when I first started contracted I wanted to keep my expenses down.

I am renting a house for my latest gig. Still cheaper than a half decent hotel. It is in South Wales mind.
          DORMANT ACCOUNT

Comment

Working...
          X