• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello - agency worker sold house looking at renting :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello - agency worker sold house looking at renting :(

Hi there, Glad i found this board.

Firstly I'm working for a large oil and gas firm through an agency. I previously worked here for 10 years, then left for 2 years and the only way back in was through an agency (as there are no permanent roles being offered), i have been at this company for nearly 2 years now full time on shifts on 42k/year without overtime.

I've recently sold my house and have got a completion date through, we are looking at renting temporarily to gauge the area that we want to live in and then jump back on the mortgage ladder at a later date.

How would we stand renting being an agency worker during the REFERENCING period?, bearing in mind i have been in employment full time at the company for nearly 2 years. Most companies charge upto £300 for a holding/reference fee and a guarantor would be on top of that figure.....

My partner is a stay at home mum but will be looking for work in the new area we decide on.

Would being an agency worker stop us from renting a property with regards to referencing, credit check etc?

I've never rented before so a newbie in this area, if someone could help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Working...
X