• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hi everyone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone

Hi guys,

I've always worked in permanent roles until recently.

However I have interviewed for and been offered a new job with a nice increase in salary but it is done on a contracting basis so I have been advised to register with an umbrella company and asked to provide ID and proof of address to the agency. So, basically I haven't gone into this type of work by choice it is just the way that this job is done and it's a good oppurtunity.

It's a legit agency I think fairly big - they have said that I will get paid in the middle of each month for the work I have done in the previous month - is this usually the way that these things work?

Also what should I look out for in the contract? I won't get paid holiday pay right? What about opting out of employment agency regulations - should I do this

thanks guys!

Working...
X