• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Garraway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably best to avoid Winchester then as its

Queens Counsel reviewed - Based on the opinion of Robert Venables QC
    which ignores the fact he laughed so much he didn't have the ability to say how bad it was..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      He strikes me as a bit barking.
      A little bit yes
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Garraway. Avoid

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Found the winchester site
        Nice to see Robert Venables QC make another appearance. Alongside
        Not disclosable under DOTAS

to attempt to hide it from HMRC. I'm sure hiding it becomes evasion not just avoidance but heck I'm not stupid enough to trust others with my money...
        Robert Venables is a serious, no messing about, legal tax expert. However. I'm not sure why that matters, as his advice can be trashed if the Government decides to retrospectively target any scheme anyway.

What matters is this.

1. Schemes do not work for mortal contractors. We do not have enough money to take the risk.

2. EBT schemes were 100% compliant with the law and backed by QC opinion. Most of these schemes, for example - Sanzar, disappeared as soon as HMRC started to pay attention. Garraway will disappear too, as soon as the heat is turned up.

3. DOTAS may not apply - but it is still a marketed avoidance scheme and will be impacted by the new powers.

4. If you really want to F*** your life up, join a scheme. If you don't then get a Ltd company or use an Umbrella.

We shouldn't give these schemes the oxygen of publicity. BUT they are dying - the referral bonus being offered is going up

Comment

We shouldn't give these schemes the oxygen of publicity. BUT they are dying - the referral bonus being offered is going up

Always a sign of desperation

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Just had another email from them which has resulted in them admitting that they have misrepresented themselves to the job boards by pretending to be an agency.

Comment

Just had another email from them which has resulted in them admitting that they have misrepresented themselves to the job boards by pretending to be an agency.
              Nice one Eek

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Garraway

And the final confirmation
                I believe you had registered with Job Serve, and as we are an employer you may have given rights for employers to contact you. If you haven't this may be something to take up with Job Serve
                Which is great because it confirms the following:-

1) the source of the data
                2) their means of accessing that data
                3) how they got access to the data (by misrepresenting why they needed it)
                4) the fact that they intentionally use it for purposes that are different from the rights I granted it for.

I don't think I've ever seen an excuse that is quite as damning as the above.

Now to start making the formal complaints.
                Last edited by eek; 1 July 2014, 11:19.

Comment

Spoke to information Commissioner....

Speaking to Jobserve for their registration details (not listed).

Comment

Spoke to information Commissioner....

Speaking to Jobserve for their registration details (not listed).
                    Jobserve have never had a customer called Garraway... curiouser and curiouser ....

Comment

Jobserve have never had a customer called Garraway... curiouser and curiouser ....
                      So they've got one or all of: a separate legitimate presence, access to a body that has, put a fake presence up that looks legitimate but it's a front: of course Jobserve may be mistaken, telling porkies or plain incompetent.

Comment

Working...
                      X