• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paycheck Services Limited

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paycheck Services Limited

Hi everyone,

I've been asking around to find out which are the best umbrella companies and someone has recommended Paycheck Services Limited, has anyone had any first hand experience with them such as good custimer service, on time payments etc?

Thanks!

Originally posted by MaceFace View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've been asking around to find out which are the best umbrella companies and someone has recommended Paycheck Services Limited, has anyone had any first hand experience with them such as good custimer service, on time payments etc?

Thanks!
    Read this post:

(Umbrella) companies - check them out BEFORE things go wrong!

The First Company Law Amendment Directive came in on 1 January 2007, and companies are required to put the following information on both their website and business emails:

the company registration number
    place of registration (such as England and Wales)
    registered office address.

In addition, the website also needs to include:

The company name, postal address and company email address
    The name of any trade bodies or professional associations that the business is part of, including membership or registration details.
    The company VAT number, even if the website is not being used for e-commerce transactions.
    Any prices on the website must be clear and unambiguous.
    You need to be able to trust a company. If there are no matches to the searches below, the company is breaking the law. Do you want to do business with such a company?

Let me google that for you - registered office site: paycheckservicesltd.co.uk

(and BUPA’s registered office doesn’t count!)

and

Let me google that for you - VAT site: paycheckservicesltd.co.uk

So decide yourself, because I’m afraid that we aren’t going to tell you.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      So decide yourself, because I’m afraid that we aren’t going to tell you.
      What is it with all these recent one-post wonders asking about umbrella companies at the moment?

At least this one is marginally better than the last one - they give you an address, unlike some of them. Still no registered company number or VAT number on the website, but the company number is on the whois record of the domain name this time.

So, you look at the company financials, and this is where I would walk away. The most recent financials available were to April 2013 - the company has been trading (or at least registered) since 1998.

Turnover = £196630 (which doesn't look that big to me for an umbrella company - contrast that with Contractor Umbrella who have a turnover in excess of £36million, for example, or Parasol Ltd who turnover £327million). That figure is roughly two contractors at £500 a day, or four at £250 a day.

Total assets = £39364
      Total liabilities = £31430
      Net worth = £7934
      Cash = £548
      Retained profit = £724

I think I would be looking for significantly more financial clout from my employer, given that they have been trading for 15 years now.

(Contractor Umbrella is the easiest umbrella company for me to search the financials for, which is why I pick them - but they have been trading for three years LESS than these guys, and seem to be more successful).
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Judging by the number of Paycheck Services Limited companies there are that have been dissolved, numbered from 1 to 43, I'd guess they used to be an MSC. Brookson used to be the same, they had Brookson 1 Limited, Brookson 1500 Limited and so on.

Presumably this Umbrella company is a new incarnation since MSC was outlawed many years ago.
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          What is it with all these recent one-post wonders asking about umbrella companies at the moment?
          I think that they are the companies trying to promote themselves.

I always like to link their names with 'this company is breaking the law if they don't have this info' - That way it's factually correct and they can't complain and demand removal. All they have to do is to follow the law and removal happens automatically...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The director has around 40+ directorships which are all under the name of PSC (pay check services) followed by a number and they are all current and not closed - my first thought was MSC but the fact that they have not been defunct seems odd
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              The director has around 40+ directorships which are all under the name of PSC (pay check services) followed by a number and they are all current and not closed - my first thought was MSC but the fact that they have not been defunct seems odd
              PCS

So you'd also have to unravel exactly who your employment contract was with out of the 52 open directorships that the director has. He is a director of PC DIRECTORS LIMITED which is also a director of the many numbered companies as well, so the web gets even more tangled.

Run away, Simba. Run, run away and never return.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                PCS

So you'd also have to unravel exactly who your employment contract was with out of the 52 open directorships that the director has. He is a director of PC DIRECTORS LIMITED which is also a director of the many numbered companies as well, so the web gets even more tangled.

Run away, Simba. Run, run away and never return.
                Good spot Yes, you're exactly right - the over-arching contract is an essential part of the employee/employer relationship - Simba, listen to TheFaqqer - he knows whereof he speaks
                Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                X