• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Owe Corporation Tax & Dividends, moved overseas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willowbrook View Post
    Hi LisaContractorUmbrella

Thanks for your reply. They are not chasing me for the debt, rather they have sent me the accounts for the end of the year and are waiting for me to "OK" them to be submitted to the HMRC and Companies House.

The umbrella company acted as the intermediary company whilst i was contracting and had my own ltd company - they managed my books, and submitted everything on my behalf whilst I was there

I'm not sure whether my focus should be communicating with them, or the HMRC, or both?
    From what you have said, it sounds as though you were working with a managed service company Managed Service Companies - MSC Legislation, Rules and Guides - if you were then you are going to be even more unpopular with HMRC. Did you sign a contract with the 'umbrella company'?

Has the company sent you any penalty notices for late filing of the accounts? Have you had anything from HMRC or Companies House?

If you owe money to HMRC then I would be inclined to deal with them direct - they are not good at letting things go - there was a Tax Tribunal case in May 2013 which involved a guy who moved to New Zealand in 2004 - HMRC got their money!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
    X