• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Company in Singapore?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella Company in Singapore?

Hi everyone. First post here!

I've done a bit of a search through and can see there's a lot of good info here. But I couldn't find the answer to my question.

Basically, I'm currently living in Sydney, Australia and contracting in IT. The market here is drying up a little bit (end of year, etc) and I'm considering a bit of "working holiday" going back to the UK to work.

What I want to do, is register a company in Singapore of which I will be an employee who is willing to travel.

Let's say I get a contract in London. Can I use the Singapore company directly to invoice the client in London, while paying myself a Singapore salary? If I do it this way, it seems like I could get the benefits of paying a much lower company tax in Singapore, as well as being able to claim all my living expenses (whatever is allowed) since I've been "deployed on site in another country" by my company.

I used to work in the UK and I could claim all my travel and food just for being sent to a different office across town.

If there's anyone here who could provide any more info on this that would be great, OR point me towards some kind of "international accountant" that would be even better.

thanks!

Working...
X