• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Umbrella companies would you recommend out of the following..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Umbrella companies would you recommend out of the following..

Hi

I have been accepted for a new contract but have been given the choice that I must take one of the following umbrella companies as that is the only ones the agency works with. Umbrella companies are:
    • Parasol
    • Advance Contracting
    • IPAYE
    • Sterling Group

Just wondered what your views are on any of the above? Any that you would recommend and any that you would avoid?

Thanks.

Not going to be much help as I haven't heard of 3 of them but there's plenty of information on this forum about the fourth
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

I-paye are on our list and always get good feedback. No recent experience of the others.
      https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Thanks. I've been reading some back negative feedback about Parasol on this forum so think I might avoid them! Couldn't find much info about the rest. Been looking through each of the websites and I-paye seems most reasonable as they give the option of different fees depending on what service you need. Couldn't see that on other sites so not sure how much they would charge. May need to phone them and find out I suppose!

Comment

I might get lynched saying this in this part of the forum but have you thought about actually doing it properly and running your own LTD?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I might get lynched saying this in this part of the forum but have you thought about actually doing it properly and running your own LTD?
            How could you
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Lol yes I have but I only started contracting work this year in March so I took the easier option of going through an umbrella company. Once I've read more into it and got some money behind me to cover insurance etc then I will go limited. Providing that is if I am still contracting or been offered a decent permanent position!

Comment

Working...
              X