• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Company & PAYE > Additional Tax bill received

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella Company & PAYE > Additional Tax bill received

Hi there ,
    Hoping somebody can help me with a query.

I am contracting via an Umbrella company and have been on the same contract for over two years so am not claiming any expenses, but paying tax via PAYE and also NI.

I have received a P800 tax calculation from HMRC and they have advised me that I have underpaid my previous years tax by £1800 (2012/2013). I have checked the annual Gross figures they have quoted against my last P60 from my Umbrella company and the overall sums match.

Not sure why there would be a difference between the tax i've paid and what HMRC think I should pay?

Not sure whether to just accept it and pay up, or question this with my Umbrella company. Is there any advice out there as to what I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Contact your Umbrella first thing tomorrow.

They were supposed to earn their fee sorting this kind of thing out for you.

Give them a kick.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You are employed by the Umbrella therefore they are your HR and accounts. Speak to them.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X