• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fees charges by Childcare Voucher scheme providers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7of9 View Post
    Thank you very much, eek and Graig. £243 it is. I am going to write an agreement for my childminder and I to sign. Is there any thing else I or my accountant need to do?
    It should be noted that any child-minder needs to be approved/ registered. You can't just give £243 to Gladys next door.

Comment

My 10month old is starting nursery tomorrow and in my true fashion of timing just started looking at childcare vouchers ...

The mrs will be getting £243 from work. She also said her HR dept was also mentioning something about salary sacrifice which i really did not understand ...

Anyhow, after reading via this thread I have two questions.

1) If I make my Mrs and employee/secretary of my ltd company can I also give her £243 child voucher as well as well considering she is getting that at work ?. Our Nursery fees is about £1100 monthly. This would mean giving the nursery £729
      2) What should be the content of agreement with the nursery?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post

1) If I make my Mrs and employee/secretary of my ltd company can I also give her £243 child voucher as well as well considering she is getting that at work ?. Our Nursery fees is about £1100 monthly. This would mean giving the nursery £729
        2) What should be the content of agreement with the nursery?
        Advice pls

thanks

Comment

Advice pls

thanks
          I can't vouch for the information provided here http://www.daccountant.co.uk/Childca...%20company.pdf but it might answer your questions
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Thanks Lisa,

That answers my 2nd question

Comment

Thanks Lisa,

That answers my 2nd question
              Glad to help
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

She also said her HR dept was also mentioning something about salary sacrifice which i really did not understand ...
                Salary sacrifice means it will come out of her gross pay without deductions. So there is a tax and Ni saving (and an NI saving for the company too). Though it does depend on the exact circumstances.

A write up here:-

Childcare Vouchers - A Working Parents guide to Salary Sacrifice

Comment

Working...
                X