• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to Contracting: Best Umbrella Company to use

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From personal experience I would say ContractorUmbrella their service is superb and they're always on hand to answer any questions you may have. Michelle was my account manager and she always did a superb job of turning around any queries I had, I left Parasol to join ContractorUmbrella and they showed how professional umbrella companies are run.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

I asked ContractorUmbrella for a simple breakdown of take home pay showing income tax, NI, expenses and holiday pay for my rate...I am still waiting!?

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
        I asked ContractorUmbrella for a simple breakdown of take home pay showing income tax, NI, expenses and holiday pay for my rate...I am still waiting!?
        If you email me direct Bones [email protected] I will make sure that you have the information you need this morning; if you could also let me know who you spoke to I will address the issue as all our email enquiries are answered within 4 hours of receipt so it may just be that your email address was taken down incorrectly.
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

There's also a calculator on there website which is quite accurate as well
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            There's also a calculator on there website which is quite accurate as well
            Yes I have used it but its just a basic calc for comparison purposes.

Comment

Yes I have used it but its just a basic calc for comparison purposes.
              Unfortunately the PAYE system is complicated and has many variables; it is impossible for anyone to provide a 100% accurate calculation without detailed knowledge of your personal circumstances. Umbrella companies use a calculator which is based on the tax code for the current financial year to give an indication of earnings. At the end of the day your take home pay should be the same whichever umbrella company you use - the only difference would be their margin and, of course, the levels of service that you receive

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                From personal experience I would say ContractorUmbrella their service is superb and they're always on hand to answer any questions you may have.
                I've actually found them to be the complete opposite. I've attempted using them for the past 2 months but so far they've managed to delete my account once and today I find them want me to resend in my passport (or another ID) as apparently this hasn't been done already. Sadly, it has and I'm losing my patience with them as communication seems to have been done through 3 different account managers all supplying conflicting information.

I'm 100% sure things shouldn't be this difficult and it's making me consider doing all my own accounting.

Comment

Originally posted by grimmmy View Post
                  I've actually found them to be the complete opposite. I've attempted using them for the past 2 months but so far they've managed to delete my account once and today I find them want me to resend in my passport (or another ID) as apparently this hasn't been done already. Sadly, it has and I'm losing my patience with them as communication seems to have been done through 3 different account managers all supplying conflicting information.

I'm 100% sure things shouldn't be this difficult and it's making me consider doing all my own accounting.
                  If you would let me have details ([email protected]) grimmy I will look into your complaints immediately

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoi View Post
                    Brookson are a very popular firm. Not the cheapest but make things very easy. Don't be afraid of the limited company route. One timesheet and an expense form is all you need per week/job. Setting up takes about an hour. Save 20-30% on tax/NI as well.
                    Brookson? I have been with them for 7 years. Just like being in a relationship it's starts well them gets worse. They pay little attention to your account so please check your books with a fine comb or you may end up paying more taxes than required.

Comment

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...cromancer2.jpg
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X