• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to Contracting: Best Umbrella Company to use

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theBIDeveloper View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm taking the leap into Contracting soon, and would like to know the best Umbrella Company to use. I'm not going down the limited route as I'm a simple man, and hate any kind of paperwork and headaches!

All I'm looking for is a simple, straight down the line solution. I invoice X amount and X amount gets paid back to me. Obviously I'd like the highest percentage possible but I'm not looking for any dodgy schemes or any loan type agreements that have me looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life.

If anyone has any recommendations, I'd greatly appreciate it. Like I said, a simple, effective solution from a refutable company that is HMRC compliant and doesn't try to cut corners.

Thanks...
    At the end of the day the only differences between PAYE umbrella companies will be the margin that they retain and their levels of service - everything else is dictated by HMR&C i.e. income tax rates, NI rates and what costs can legitimately be claimed as expenses.

HTH
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
      You're very welcome. Awwwww look, I've started a love-in
      I believe I can put that on my expenses as well! Bargain.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I believe I can put that on my expenses as well! Bargain.
        Absolutely, but I've no idea how you'd value it
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

The kind of love you get on here is just priceless

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

I have set up a few umbrella companies in the past and I used planit-solutions.co.uk

Generally good value and HMRC compliant

Comment

Originally posted by david909 View Post
              I have set up a few umbrella companies in the past and I used planit-solutions.co.uk

What does HMRC compliant mean?
              "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by david909 View Post

You have set up Umbrella companies????
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                  What does HMRC compliant mean?
                  All it means is that the umbrella company complies with current tax legislation and HMR&C requirements which may be based in tax law or employment law e.g. an overarching contract of employment. Much as we would love HMR&C to approve individual umbrella companies through audit unfortunately it doesn't happen - they're probably all too busy checking out the comedy club

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

I used Nasa umbrella in bristol for two years. never once did i have an issue. charged me £9.99 a week and never paid me late once.

pm me if you want more details

Mod note: you don't have privileges rhys and I'm sure that readers can contact them if they're interested...

Comment

Originally posted by rhys1927 View Post
                      I used Nasa umbrella in bristol for two years. never once did i have an issue. charged me £9.99 a week and never paid me late once.

pm me if you want more details

Mod note: you don't have privileges rhys and I'm sure that readers can contact them if they're interested...
                      I've also used Nasa and will give them the big thumbs up. Payments were always prompt and there was not any issue with additional & underhand "employment costs" being deducted. They just charged the flat £9.99 weekly, plus £10 for each monthly pension payment ... and no hidden extras.

Comment

Working...
                      X