• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol - Employment Costs - extra charges??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yehudi View Post
    I did. They refused to refund, saying:
    "any deductions made are at Parasols discretion"
    Are you taking legal action?
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Sweet, me too
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Yehudi View Post
          I did. They refused to refund, saying:
          "any deductions made are at Parasols discretion"
          Wow, that's scary!

Did they explain the "discretion" they used when they helped themselves to some of your money to the tune of 13.8% of your expenses, but didn't deduct anything from those without any claimable expenses? What "discretion" do they use to apportion the supposedly additional AWR overheads in this inconsistent manner?!?

Comment

Follow it up, don't let them get away with it. It's not right or legal
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Danbro

Hi Everyone,

We welcome the opportunity to see whether we could be of any assistance to you during this turbulent time. We are clear, concise and compliant and have a facebook group full of happy clients to support it.

Please feel free to get in touch

Comment

Originally posted by Danbro View Post
                Hi Everyone,

We welcome the opportunity to see whether we could be of any assistance to you during this turbulent time. We are clear, concise and compliant and have a facebook group full of happy clients to support it.

Please feel free to get in touch
                Think Lisa may have beaten you to it !

Comment

Customer services have now come back to me saying my employment costs have never and will never exceed the exact amount of employers NI - even if I claim expenses.

It seems the wheel that squeaks the loudest gets the oil.

I have asked parasols md if he would be willing to share the answers to two questions.

How do they decide who gets charged.
                  How do they work out how much the unlucky people get charged.

When I get a response, I will share it with you.

Seabro

Comment

Did they mention anything about refunding any money?
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                      Did they mention anything about refunding any money?
                      In my case, I was only overcharged by 50p on Januarys payslip. I didnt work in nov/dec last year and I havent checked payslip from Oct.

However, I was told they would be refunding my 50p on my next months pay. So yes, I am getting a refund.

I did say that whilst the amout of overpayment was low, I don't understand how it could happen by accident. I said I believe there is more to this than meets the eye.

The md is off work this week, but has emailed me to see he will contact me next week.

I really hope he comes back to me with something positive and we can get to the bottom of this for once and for all.

Comment

Working...
                      X