• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol - Employment Costs - extra charges??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The rebel View Post
    They took my money and blame it on what they call 'employment costs'... never again with them.
    Threaten them with an employment tribunal if they don't reimburse you. It'll cost you nothing.

Comment

This all seems very odd, has anyone worked out what this "extra" charge is, ie is it a percentage of your rate or is it a flat rate?

I thought Steve from Parasol posted on here, has he been asked to explain, if he has and has not then it does seem very odd.

Having said that, I cannot see who else will end up paying for this AWR thing, other than the contractor.
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

ContractorUmbrella don't take extra off me for AWR, I gather the reason Steve hasn't posted on here is because the evidence is irrefutable
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

And yet there is Steven today, on the Parasol company forum, advising people who don't claim expenses to do so. Strange that he can't find time to visit these parts any more...

Comment

That's because he's been found out and has no defence whatsoever.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
              This all seems very odd, has anyone worked out what this "extra" charge is, ie is it a percentage of your rate or is it a flat rate?

I thought Steve from Parasol posted on here, has he been asked to explain, if he has and has not then it does seem very odd.

Having said that, I cannot see who else will end up paying for this AWR thing, other than the contractor.
              The extra amount appears to equate to 13.8% of the expenses claimed.

Steve used to post on here, but when people worked out exactly how they were manipulating their employment costs and the questions started to get too awkward, he went AWOL. I've thrown down the gauntlet to him personally on more than one occasion to come back on here and explain ... but he won't.

Legally they have to foot the AWR costs and not pass them on to their employees. Having said that, if they need to increase their fees in order to make the business model work, I don't think people would object as much. What is bad is they're effectively levying additional fees in an underhand, non-transparent and inconsistent manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Yehudi View Post
                And yet there is Steven today, on the Parasol company forum, advising people who don't claim expenses to do so. Strange that he can't find time to visit these parts any more...
                That's ironic as the more expenses that contractors claim, the more money Parasol make by deducting additional employment costs from them at 13.8%.

Spot his ulterior motive

Comment

Somebody please explain this to me in plain English.. I pay parasol £119.50 a month.. Claim no expenses.. Yet over the last few months the "Employment Cost" has ranged between £500-£700 per month.. I have emailed Parasol asking for a breakdown, but failing them coming back to me.. What exactly are they taking this money for? As far as I can see Tax and NI are separate figures on the payslip, and got nothing to do with this amount. And dont tell me the cost of employing me, because surely that is what the £119.50 is for?? I signed up for £119.50 per month, not a penny more.

No wonder on my last payslip they only paid around 50% of the invoiced amount...

Comment

Originally posted by scope View Post
                    Somebody please explain this to me in plain English.. I pay parasol £119.50 a month.. Claim no expenses.. Yet over the last few months the "Employment Cost" has ranged between £500-£700 per month.. I have emailed Parasol asking for a breakdown, but failing them coming back to me.. What exactly are they taking this money for? As far as I can see Tax and NI are separate figures on the payslip, and got nothing to do with this amount. And dont tell me the cost of employing me, because surely that is what the £119.50 is for?? I signed up for £119.50 per month, not a penny more.

No wonder on my last payslip they only paid around 50% of the invoiced amount...
                    Have your gross earnings in the period varied as well Scope?? So when £500 was deducted were your earnings for that period lower than the earnings when the deductions were £700??
                    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                      Have your gross earnings in the period varied as well Scope?? So when £500 was deducted were your earnings for that period lower than the earnings when the deductions were £700??
                      Yes, the more I billed the higher the "employment cost" was.. I must correct myself.. It varies from £700-900.. If this is something they have charged me for offering me a service they have another thing coming.. I signed up for £119.50 and WILL go to a tribunal to recoop my money.

Comment

Working...
                      X