• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Receive up to 80% of your pay.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receive up to 80% of your pay.

Hi,
    You see advertisements by Umbrella companies saying "Receive up to 80% of your pay"?

Does anyone know how this works?

Or direct me to a post were this has been discussed before please?

Could someone recommend of these Umbrella Company?

Regards

Singhie

Me too please

Yes, morning all

I would like to know if anyone knows of any umbrella that actually does this ?

I have rang round a few now , and it always comes out to approx 70% , even though on their www it says 80 and in some cases more !

Thanks all

Steve

Comment

Yes you can take home 80,90 or even 100% of your earnings - the most typical ways are to claim for expenses that you haven't incurred (although this does tend to aggravate HMR&C and you are likely to find yourself paying back far more than you managed to fiddle) or living on 3 shillings and sixpence a week and putting the rest of your earnings into a pension. You could also try using a 'scheme' which a 'leading QC' will have looked at - unfortunately this also aggravates HMR&C (please refer to point 1).

If you are tax resident in the UK and live in the UK and work through a compliant umbrella company you will be paid through PAYE and you will be able to claim certain costs that you incur as expenses provided that you have a receipt for them but your take home pay absolutely, definitely, categorically cannot be 'guaranteed' to be over 80%

HTH
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Just to follow on from Lisa's comment.

The only real difference you should see when comparing 'correctly structured' umbrella companies is their fee.

Comment

And their service levels
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
          X