• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brollies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brollies

Has anybody used any of the following?

FOCUSED
    PARAMOUNT
    CREST
    Key PORTFOLIO
    Jsa services

I have never heard of any of them. There are a couple of others on the list, but unfortunately I have used them and their service is appalling

Blimey. I've only heard of JSA of that list and that's from some issues back a long time ago.

Focused appear to have had an entry on the All Umbrellas Are Equal site but now it's not running you can't check.

I'd question JSA about their expenses policy which looks a little light for my liking. Maybe it's just a sales type page and it's purposely generic but I'd be looking in to that.

I'd also use company check to look at the financials of them. One of them is a little alarming but I'm not very good at understanding the numbers. You might struggle to look up Paramount though. Couldn't find their company number anywhere which is naughty. It's Company No: 04648054

That's as far as I could be bothered checking TBH sorry. Have to do some research on each one.

I've looked at about 5 brollies today and every single one of them has a different SIC code which I found odd but that's by the by.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Actually. Before you do all that ring Lucy at Contractor Umbrella. A number of reasons for this..
      • Firstly she might know the agents and have some way in. Maybe speak to them and convince them to use her or something.
      • If not she'll be able to comment on who might be worth a punt from her time running the All Contractors Are Equal.
      • She probably be able to tell you who to avoid from industry and insider knowledge
      • She's really fun and friendly and nice to talk to.

Ok ok.. maybe one of those isn't true but the other three are good reasons...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Actually. Before you do all that ring Lucy at Contractor Umbrella. A number of reasons for this..
        • Firstly she might know the agents and have some way in. Maybe speak to them and convince them to use her or something.
        • If not she'll be able to comment on who might be worth a punt from her time running the All Contractors Are Equal.
        • She probably be able to tell you who to avoid from industry and insider knowledge

+1 for CU
        i used them for all my UK gigs when i lived in EU. - agency and consultancy directs.
        only minor hiccups, - quickly resolved

Comment

That's your iPad just gone then!

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
            Has anybody used any of the following?

FOCUSED
            PARAMOUNT
            CREST
            Key PORTFOLIO
            Jsa services

I have never heard of any of them. There are a couple of others on the list, but unfortunately I have used them and their service is appalling
            If you let me know who the agency is, as NorthernLad said, I may be able to help - or at least give it a good go for you!

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
              That's your iPad just gone then!
              Tricked you!! The odd one out is you telling him who to avoid. I know you wouldn't diss your competition

Want my postal address or are you going to drop it off in person?

Comment

Tricked you!! The odd one out is you telling him who to avoid. I know you wouldn't diss your competition

Want my postal address or are you going to drop it off in person?
                Sorry I think my budget went on Eek

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
                  Sorry I think my budget went on Eek
                  Beaten by a better man...

Comment

Thanks

The agency is reed, I haven't heard of any of those brollies hence my question

Comment

Working...
                    X