• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella

I am going to be a contractor soon. I don't want to do it for too long. Can anyone recommend me a good umbrella company? I might only be doing it for a couple of months so don't want to pay huge fees when leaving the umbrella company.

Lucy at Contractor Umbrella.

She posts on here regularly and gives tons of good advice.

They also have a very good pension option you could use to reduce tax burden. Many umbellas only allow minimum payments but you can put max in to theirs. She'll be along to give you a wave soon I'm sure.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Lucy at Contractor Umbrella.

She posts on here regularly and gives tons of good advice.

They also have a very good pension option you could use to reduce tax burden. Many umbellas only allow minimum payments but you can put max in to theirs. She'll be along to give you a wave soon I'm sure.
      Still after that free iPad?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        They sent him a half eaten packet of broken biscuits as a reward.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think Lucy has already put that one to bed.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/showthread.php?p=2419243
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

* must try harder

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              They sent him a half eaten packet of broken biscuits as a reward.
              A little generous I think plus not sure if he would declare that on his tax return so not prepared to put myself at risk on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
                * must try harder
                I think that's a challenge NLUK is definitely going to accept

#carefulwhatyouwishfor

Comment

Originally posted by matt10012 View Post
                  I am going to be a contractor soon. I don't want to do it for too long. Can anyone recommend me a good umbrella company? I might only be doing it for a couple of months so don't want to pay huge fees when leaving the umbrella company.
                  On a more serious note - happy to talk you through things Matt if you give us a shout.

Comment

When it comes to Umbrella Company take home pay rates, the old adage ‘if it sounds too good to be, it usually is’ couldn’t be more appropriate. As a general and easy to remember rule, if an umbrella company quotes a take home pay in excess of 70% of a limited contract rate, they will in all likelihood NOT be operating legitimately. Make this compliance test your first priority.

After that the key customer considerations really come down to umbrella admin fee & customer service standards. Scrutinise these dimensions and your decision will become much easier.

Good luck with your search

Comment

Working...
                    X