• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella company in public sector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NCOTBAC View Post
    All very nice theory but platting fog would be easier.
    Is posting while banned a bannable offence?

And plaiting
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Is posting while banned a bannable offence?

And plaiting
      No platting is a word.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        No platting is a word.
        Indeed - if NCOTBAC can define "platting" without recourse to a dictionary or similar, I'll retract the post
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

as another poster suggested, if you name the three brollies you were directed towards Lucy may be able to tell us how they scored when going through their compliance checks at AUCAE

I wonder if post weekend the agency you work with are just as keen to direct you towards the same umbrellas

With regards to your original post, the Umbrella rate only looked more favourable as it included holiday and employers ni. unless you are able to claim expenses the PAYE rate would equate the same figure less perhaps the Umbrella cost
          Last edited by moggy; 29 September 2017, 11:16.

Comment

[QUOTE=moggy;2476352

With regards to your original post, the Umbrella rate only looked more favourable as it included holiday and employers ni. unless you are able to claim expenses the PAYE rate would equate the same figure less perhaps the Umbrella cost[/QUOTE]

^^ Exactly that I have accepted a PAYE role in the NHS (see my thread) Surely you fall into IR35 if they are only offering you Umbrella / PAYE ? (Otherwise LTD option would be offered) Watch out for those expenses you may well get tripped up !

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick@Intouch View Post
              If the contract is outside IR35 then it might be worth considering operating through a PSC.
              Public Sector so the likelihood of outside IR35 is probably slim, or the end client is unlikely to want to take that risk.

Comment

Working...
              X