• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

help on how to be paid wages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help on how to be paid wages

Hello,

i am currently locuming as a physiotherapist in the NHS.

I have been informed by my agency I need to either use an umbrella or their own paye service to receive my wages.

my question is that as an umbrella service is essentially outsourced PAYE plus a charge for the service, doesn’t it make more sense just get the agency to pay me through PAYE.

as i work in the public sector i can’t claim expenses or any other advantage from what i can see?

also if i did go with PAYE , my pay rate would be lower to account for the agency them paying N.I how can ensure the amount there taking off my pay rate is just being used to cover just N.I and nothing else?

my current contract is 33ph, i was told by my agency that my PH rate would drop to 28.74, i asked to see how this is worked out but I wasn’t sent a break down!

Thanks a lot!

That £4.26 is probably employers NI which seems right so the real question you need to ask yourself is how much you want to put into a pension scheme. If you want or can put a lot use an umbrella otherwise use the Agency's PAYE scheme....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      That £4.26 is probably employers NI which seems right so the real question you need to ask yourself is how much you want to put into a pension scheme. If you want or can put a lot use an umbrella otherwise use the Agency's PAYE scheme....
      thanks a lot for the reply !

not paying into a pension at this stage so
      paye it is i guess.

Comment

Working...
      X