• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

proof ID

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
    I was always taught by my parents to tell the truth
    Liar!
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Liar!
      If only there was an angel icon

Comment

Just because you were taught something by your parents doesn't mean you do it today (unless they run the company and still insist you do things their way)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There is, of course, no law that says you must have either of those docs. I 've never had any photo ID and my current agency were happy to see council tax and utility bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
            There is, of course, no law that says you must have either of those docs. I 've never had any photo ID and my current agency were happy to see council tax and utility bills.
            As the employer, we must conduct the Right to Work checks in line with the Home Office Guidance - refer to page 28 of the following document.

Comment

These rules are of course a shambles, as to be expected from the British public sector.

Lots of legal, decent, honest people will get caught by them.

If someone, for instance, has an indefinite leave to remain visa in their passport, regardless of whether its stuck in an old copy of their passport or their current one then they are allowed to live and work here as they wish. Pushing them to get yet another hoop jumped through is just a waste of productive time and energy of the workforce. If border control lets them in through the airport, as they do with an ILR visa stuck in an old passport accompanied by a current passport, then they should be allowed to work without hassle.

And none of this will stop the real problem of out of control immigration which is obvious by looking at the large numbers of coach loads arriving from Bulgaria and Romania every single day, and the mass printing of intra company transfer visas for the Indian outsourcing movement, and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                These rules are of course a shambles, as to be expected from the British public sector.

Lots of legal, decent, honest people will get caught by them.

If someone, for instance, has an indefinite leave to remain visa in their passport, regardless of whether its stuck in an old copy of their passport or their current one then they are allowed to live and work here as they wish. Pushing them to get yet another hoop jumped through is just a waste of productive time and energy of the workforce. If border control lets them in through the airport, as they do with an ILR visa stuck in an old passport accompanied by a current passport, then they should be allowed to work without hassle.

And none of this will stop the real problem of out of control immigration which is obvious by looking at the large numbers of coach loads arriving from Bulgaria and Romania every single day, and the mass printing of intra company transfer visas for the Indian outsourcing movement, and so on.
                You forgot the abuse of tourist visas from people from the developing world and certain other countries e.g. Australia, South Africa, USA.

If, like other countries, you had to register at the police/town hall in person and get a number before you could get work then people who over stayed visas would find it more difficult to stay here.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Friend of mine is a supply teacher, passed her background check despite being in the country illegally as a tourist visa over stayer.

Comment

Are these the same parents that told you to be good or Santa won't bring you any presents, or that eating carrots will make you see in the dark
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      or that eating carrots will make you see in the dark
                      You mean they don't

Comment

Working...
                      X