• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Danbro - cracking pension/childcare scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Wow... just.. wow.

You yourself said they do in this post.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...ml#post2443473

You asked and Lucy directly answered your question in this thread.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...-benefits.html

And I'm sure it's been mentioned more than once in the countless other trash threads you've started about this whole sorry affair.

Just makes you wonder if you come on here to troll and just spout off rather than actually looking to help yourself learn more about what you do. Actually, the answer to that is bloody obvious.
    And breathe...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      6. The rate was upped by 30% to accommodate. ...
      Ditto. Having a decent warchest to top up the minimum wage I'm drawing means I can divert the maximum allowance (£40k/year) into a pension pre tax/NI, so that 30% increase means I'm better off than if I'd done same via non-IR35 caught contract.

Just got to keep an eye on when I will hit the 40k limit so start to get taxed heavily, and see if worth renewing (if offered) or using warchest to find 'a proper contract'.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        And breathe...

Comment

Keep an eye on Danbro. I have no idea what their brolly is like, but as contractor accountants they were 100% useless when I used them. And I mean, truly awful.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            Keep an eye on Danbro. I have no idea what their brolly is like, but as contractor accountants they were 100% useless when I used them. And I mean, truly awful.
            Perfect match for PC. Will look forward to future threads.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              A bit? F me... I hate to see you struggling with something that's a real PITA.
              And here's me thinking we made it easier for contractors than operating their own Ltd company

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
                And here's me thinking we made it easier for contractors than operating their own Ltd company
                Some people will find a way to make anything 100x more complex than it needs to be simply because they can't comprehend why things work the way they do...

Psychocandy trying to save a few pence is a perfect example of that....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Danbro let you treat all pension contributions as employer contribs. So you're saving ALL the NI (inc employer NI I think?). Same with childcare vouchers - but limit is £28 per week assuming you're higher rate tax payer.
                  OK let me explain... the employers NI is a reverse calculation based on taxable earnings for the contractor and not the day rate, therefore anything contributed to via salary sacrifice is reducing the taxable salary and therefore reduces the Employers NI, as such will take into account the pension and childcare vouchers.

Should be the same theory with any umbrella salary sacrifice pension.

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
                    I'm sure you're lot and some of the better umbrellas do. BUT, there are one or two out there who are a bit crap and will do as little as possible for the money.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Some people will find a way to make anything 100x more complex than it needs to be simply because they can't comprehend why things work the way they do...

Psychocandy trying to save a few pence is a perfect example of that....
                      More than a few quid. OK so I want to stick £400 a week into my pension say.

If I went with Sterling, it'd amount to about £25 if I did it via them - because they only do the minimum. The rest (£375) would have to be an AVC. So saving 40% admitedly = £150.

If the whole £400 goes as salary sactifice then it works out saving about 50% - so £200 saved in tax/NI.

Better than a poke in the eye.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X